i’m off to the beach next week. in preparation for the long flight ahead, days spent lounging amidst the sand and surf, and indulging in far too many indulgences, this week’s top six are dedicated to all things resort. you know, the things designed to keep us in tip-top shape (even while jet-lagged, sunburned, and overstuffed) while on vaca.
1. start your trip out on a sumptuous note with sofia cashmere’s “travel set”. the blanket and eye mask ensure no matter how much time you spend at 30,000 feet, you’ll be comfortable and oh-so-glam.
2. long before you head out for some good ole’ vitamin d, slather on some spf like dermadoctor’s “ain’t misbehavin’”. this broad spectrum sunscreen (in spf 30) protects your shell from harmful rays, all the while clarifying and mattifying skin, meaning grease is no where to be found.
3. defy the sun and paparazzi alike with an oversized straw hat. try an expected color like jcrew’s “summer straw hat” in navy. added bonus, wearing a hat means you don’t have to do your hair. embrace those beachy waves!
4. there’s nothing better than a chic coverup like alexis’s “chiffon pleated coverup”. for one, it camouflages better than any beach towel or oversized tote can. and two, it means you’re totally appropriate on the beach and the boardwalk.
5. espadrilles are to summer like cherry pie is the fourth of july. you just have to wear them. nudes like hunter’s “anegada” go with everything and make your legs look a mile long (even if they’re not).
6. jet-setters know that while makeup isn’t entirely necessary on the beach, looking presentable is always a must. a little waterproof mascara, benefit’s “benetint” on your cheeks and lips, and you’re dressed to impress.
as always, don’t forget to hydrate!